This moist spiced fruitcake recipe from Rick over at Nordic Myst Designs, has been tried and tested at our Inner Circle Christmas lunch. We all agreed that we just had to share the recipe with you, since you weren't there to taste it yourself!
- 1 pack of applecake mix - most supermarkets sell these
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of chopped nuts your choice
- 1 box of raisins
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste or extract
- Zest from an orange or clementine (doesn’t hurt to squeeze and add the juice too!)
- 1 whole jar or package of apple chunky bits jam (preferably sugar-free)
Pre-heat your oven to 170°C
Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir to mix until well blended! Add a splash of water if needed to mix it thoroughly.
Pour into a well buttered bundt pan or cake tin and bake in a pre-heated oven for 40min, or until knife can be inserted and pulled out clean.
Remember a smaller, thicker cake will take longer than a wider, thinner one. Just keep a watchful eye and check often!
I usually make a double batch on this because once it’s made it’s gone!
Rick ~ Nordic Myst Designs